About Global Action on Gun Violence
Global Action on Gun Violence delivers impactful gun violence prevention strategies to the international community with a focus on stopping crime guns at their U.S source. Led by lawyers with decades of experience crafting innovative litigation and policy solutions to gun violence, GAGV stops dangerous gun industry practices to make the work, and the U.S, more safe.
GAGV is based in Washington, DC, but is an international organization that welcomes remote and hybrid work from anywhere in the world.
GAGV offers unpaid, substantive, collaborative internships designed to give volunteers and students real world experience in the gun violence prevention policy arena. Our volunteer positions provide interns a chance to increase their knowledge of contributing factors to global gun violence and international gun trafficking, enhance their understanding of the causes of the U.S gun violence epidemic and get involved in innovative legal and communication strategies designed to change the contours of the fight against gun violence around the world and in the U.S. These positions are educational or training based, we offer flexible hours and work to accommodate academic commitments. Candidates can propose academic projects that merge with their educational goals.
Our interns are fully integrated into staff activities and are provided the opportunity to engage in a wide ranging number of gun violence prevention tactics, including supporting research, public relation campaigns, litigation, federal and local legislative work and human rights work.
Desired Qualifications and Interests
- Strong research skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong commitment to gun violence prevention work
Internships currently available
- Research and policy intern
- Requirements: Undergraduate or graduate student with excellent research and writing skills
- Legal intern
- Requirements: Current law school student or J.D. with legal research skills
- Social media/website/communications
- Requirements: Excellent writing skills and ability to prepare social media and other communications